Wednesday, 11 February 2009

Construction

Evaluation



The objective for our project was to produce a website for a specific charity. I decided to choose a charity for performing arts. I chose this because due to my research of charities ( highlighted in research post) there were very few / minimal amount of charities supporting performing arts.I found doing a less popular charity better as there was a wider range of information to give.Whilst constructing my website i found that the video for this website and charity would be significant as many charities such as the NSPCC use the videos to explain and visually capture an audience.I wanted this same affect whilst consisting my video as there would be a closer link with the audience and charity such as that of a professional site.
My Evaluation
Our aim for this media task was to create and produce a website for a specific charity. It was important to capture the aspects of the charity so we could produce a website which replicates an actual charity website.
My media takes elements of web design and features to create a realistic site. I decided to first research and plan on other charities as I thought this was important as this would make my final website easier to access and follow conventions of other websites. I decided to research websites such as the Big Issue as these social organised sites would attract many viewers due to their attractive design and easily accessible pages and navigation throughout. I thought this would help my site as being influenced by these features of other sites would help me produce a realistic site myself for a charity.
After analysing these website closely, I knew what my specific charity would be. After deciding I would choose an organisation within the society about charities to do with performing arts I chose to start my logos. My audience for this charity is aimed at the younger end of society as getting them to be a part of my performing arts group would benefit society.
I decided to attract my audience by making them feel part of the organisation and feel a part of my charity. I have learned from my experience with creating a website that you have to go into a greater depth of planning and research to create a better website. I now know that it is important to create a website with the conventions and elements of other professional websites such as navigation bars and correct info. From the preliminary task I have learned to change my designs to better my overall website design and attraction to others.
Feedback
The website is very good and looks quite professional, and follows most of the key concepts of website design. The analogue colour scheme goes well. The navigation bar looks very good. what could be improved is the vast amount of white space could have been utilised better, and also the animation graphic in the corner could be improved to look more professional.
start from bottom to top*
Website p.4 - My final website

After creating my designs and creating my website i finally published the finished product.There could be some minor improvements but i believe it went well, to read about what i have done view my evaluation above as this shows my positive and negative parts of the website and project.






Below are some screen shots of my finished website, page by page - which i believe showed key concepts of web design







home page -
























This worked well as i believe i used several key features within my home page.I tried to capture these throughout my website to overall i could produce a more professional website with a great knowledge of understanding and professionalism.








My about page -

























This page worked well for my website as i included a video as well to create a greater sense that it was a charity website.I also included again key features of web design to create a realistic web page such as the nav bar and layout.This overall created a consistent layout which created a professional website.














Donate page -



























My donate page differs from the others with content.I used a functional paypal webpage to donatae. This feature benefitted my overal website as it helped again become more professional as it works well.This Donate feature is also used due to when i researched and planned i realised many other websites included a donate page for their charity.I found it important to keep my individuality on my website features of colour and layout but found the donate feature important as it was an important aspect of the charity.













My contact page -













My about page again showed key aspects of web design and with the use of google earth created more depth to my chosen charity as there was more information such as contact details and address with location.The use of google earth as viewed above creates more realism as my actual charity has a British location.These key features created an overal better website as it was therefore more realistic of that of a real charity website.













Website p.3- After creating my logo , marquee, a nav buttons on my website i decided to create my website video. Below you can seen a screen shot of my video.I uploaded the video and edited it using movie maker. After the finishing of my trailer i decided to include a google earth map. I found this important as then they would find the charity location easily as this replicates a real website.














































Website 2 - The second part of my web design was to organize my nav button together and start a clear structure throughout. This could be easily achieved due to the master page as this therefore followed and kept a consistent style to the web design.
















How this web design i decided to include a animated marque. I decided to add this as then the information for my website and chosen charity would appear, again giving a greater professional look.

Before Marque* After Marque*- You can view this on my website.











My website













Final Logo
I have decided to create a final logo from my first designs.Here are my first designs



My final logo is on the above.I decided to create a logo which contrasts to the colour, happy logo's. This is due to the seriousness of my charity and how we all need to raise money. Its simplistic image creates a clear view of the charity for Performing Arts.












Other Logo's
















I decided that my other logo's weren't good enough due to these reasons.
























































This logo is just to simplistic.It is clear but shows little insight or trade mark logo towards the charity.


































































My Third logo also had little relevance and the colour didn't seem positive for my charity.




Here are my nav buttons and extra information on my web site.







After creating myanimated marquee and the nav buttons which i decided to include on the left side of my website. This was done as there would be an easy layout to my website.My next task was to include addictional information to my website. I covered this information across all my pages to express realism as i earlier( in my research and planning) i found more people like a good amount of information before they donate towards a charity.Here is the chart showing as i asked 10 people the majority favoured more information than basic or abit of info.









Use of colour circle



















I used the colour circel to decide which colours went well for my website.


















In the end i decided to use triad colours as they would complement each other but be striking at the same time. Below is the wheel i used for my website design with use of colours.






























My final logo needed to show what the charity was all about more as there was little relevance about the charity for performing arts.


After creating my nav buttons i decided to create my animated marquee.I decided to use a marquee on my charity website as this would display more information about my web updates. I used this as i found from research other professional websites used a similar layout and web technique, bringing more detail to my charity website.




















































































After my website layout i decided to create nav buttons, above are the ones seperate to show how i changed their design so when you scroll across them they each are underlined to show your option. You can view this on my charity website.










I decided to change my website design my including a darker bar to highlight the text and also i decided to create four colourful nav buttons as this would help again create a better website.


























My updated version showing the difference in layout. Overall this gave a better looking website and format for my charity website.












































The steps above show these in action.





















First i created my nav bar - i later changed this to circular shapes as i found it would look better with a rollover also.






















Creating my website -





















When creating my website i decided to use web plus 10. This programme enabled me to create a more professional website for my charity.Above are the steps i took in creating my website.





















My next task after the logo designs is to design and create my website.I decided to draw up my designs and create a simplistic website to help with the overall easily navigational website.

No comments: